Nightmares are evil creatures that inhabit minds of brokenhearted people. While some brokenhearted people can just be returned to normal by bringing back their lost piece of heart, some people can be possessed with Nightmares, which makes fixing that person much more difficult.
Each Nightmare focuses on a virtue or a piece of lost heart. For example, Swaine's Nightmare is called the "Void of Restraint", since that Nightmare takes out all of Swaine 's Restraint, causing him to become a kleptomaniac.
They can come in all shapes and sizes however the primary form of the nightmare will stay the same and a rule that applies to all is that they are weak to light. This makes spells like arrow of light very effective.
|This section contains plot details, which may spoil your gameplay.|
List of nightmares
- Rusty's Nightmare in Motorville/Hotroit
- Swaine's Nightmare in Castaway Cove/Bikini Village
- (DS version): Random villager's Nightmare in the Crypt Casino
- Denny's Nightmare
- Khulan's Nightmare
- Philip's Nightmare
- Nightmares are all named after the emotions they are a void of.
- The Nightmares have a different look from each other. While they all have black robes and green faces, they're all different shapes.